Pages

Friday, 3 February 2012

Crafty DIY : Wooden Egg Box

I've been meaning to share this for some time - my homemade egg box. Except I didn't make it. It was made for me by the other half's Dad as a present, who did a grand job don't you think? I love it! He used bits of wood that were lying around twiddling their thumbs, pinned them together on the sides, added a couple of eye hooks at the top and threaded through a little rope with a knot on each end to secure it. If I recall correctly, it's stained with teabags - ingenious!



The base was then filled with a little soft packaging and topped with straw to make a soft and stable base for the eggs to sit safely. Hand on heart this is probably my most favourite thing in our kitchen. Other than the wine bottle opener... of course. Which will soon be seeing quite a lot of action as we near the end of the detox.It was totally worth it though, we both lost 10lbs each and have so much more energy (apart from on mornings as cold as this - cor, blimey, did annyone else wake up to ice on the inside of their window?), not to mention feel so much healthier. January is a great time to do it too as, let's be honest, it's a bit of a rubbish month anyway, so you might as well spend it eating well, gently  exercising in your lounge (think Wii Fit) and hibernating during the cold, dark evenings.



 

Link partying it up at French Country Cottage!

1 comment:

  1. This is darling~ what a charming display! I love it~ thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment...